Terms and Conditions
What’s in These Terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website www.helispeedacademy.com (our site).
Who We Are and How to Contact Us
www.helispeedacademy.com (our site). is a site operated by Helispeed Academy Limited (“We”). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 12120756 and have our registered office at 4 Nile Close, Nelson Court Business Centre, Riversway, Preston, PR2 2XU. Our main trading address is Hangar 3, Blackpool Airport, Blackpool, FY4 2QY. To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
By Using Our Site You Accept These Terms
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There Are Other Terms That May Apply to You
- Our Acceptable Use Policy, which sets out the permitted uses and prohibited uses of our site. When using our site, you must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy.
We May Make Changes to These Terms
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We May Make Changes to Our Site
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our services, our users’ needs and our business priorities.
We May Suspend or Withdraw Our Site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
Our site is directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
You Must Keep Your Account Details Safe
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com.
How You May Use Material on Our Site
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do Not Rely on Information on this Site
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We Are Not Responsible for Websites We Link To
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
User-generated Content Is Not Approved By Us
This website does not accept or include information and materials uploaded by other users of the site, including to bulletin boards and chat rooms.
If you wish to complain about information and materials uploaded by other users please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Responsibility for Loss or Damage Suffered By You
We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so.
This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage that you could have avoided by following our advice to apply an update offered to you free of charge or for damage that was caused by you failing to correctly follow installation instructions or to have in place the minimum system requirements advised by us.
How We May Use Your Personal Information
Uploading Content to Our Site
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our site, or to make contact with other users of our site, you must comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
Any content you upload to our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our site a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our site if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
We Are Not Responsible for Viruses and You Must Not Introduce Them
We do not guarantee that our site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site will cease immediately.
Rules About Linking to Our Site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with the content standards set out in our Acceptable Use Policy.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which Country’s Laws Apply to Any Disputes?
HeliSpeed Academy Terms & Conditions for all Helicopter Lessons & Flights
- All quoted flight times, durations, distances and routes are approximate and may vary on the day of the flight due to volume of air traffic or other operational reasons.
- Flights are subject to weather conditions and aircraft serviceability and as a result are subject to cancellation at short notice. HeliSpeed Academy Ltd shall not be held responsible for the costs of travel, accommodation or any other associated costs should your flight be cancelled for any reason, including aircraft non-serviceability, poor weather, operational or public health reasons.
- HeliSpeed Academy Ltd reserves the right to postpone any event due to lack of participants.
- A minimum age of 14 years is required for Helicopter Experiences.
- Strict weight restrictions apply – please contact us before your flight if above 16 Stone / 102Kgs.
- We are unable to refund the cost of any flight voucher following an event postponement, including but not limited to those reasons listed (above). The vouchers are, however, transferable to another passenger name providing we are notified in writing.
- HeliSpeed Academy Ltd shall not be held liable for any expenses incurred from flight cancellations due to operational circumstances.
- Observers on (3-Seater) Pilot Experience flights should be either other students or family/friends of the pilot who are sharing the experience with a view to learning to fly. A maximum of two person will be permitted, at the discretion of the Flight Instructor, on the day of the experience.
- For obvious reasons, all participants should ensure that they are in good health and if in doubt should seek the medical advice of their GP.
- The Instructor, as Captain of the aircraft, can (at their own discretion) refuse any person on board the aircraft if he/she suspects them to have consumed alcohol or illegal substances/drugs within the previous 24 hours.
- It should be noted that any participant(s) failing to take their confirmed flight will render the voucher invalid. Changes to a confirmed booking can only be made via the online booking portal ( www.helispeedacademy.com or via e mail) and require a minimum of seven days’ notice before the flight date, except where ‘flexible cancellation’ has been activated. In the event of the flight being cancelled by us, then your flight voucher remains valid until the expiry date shown and will be rebooked for a mutually convenient date.
- All vouchers have as life of 12 months form the date listed on the voucher. After that date the voucher will be classed as expired and are no longer valid.
- If your flight has been cancelled and the voucher has expired, we allow a 6 week ‘grace’ period for the customers to rebook.
- Whilst every precaution is taken for the safety of passengers, neither the owner/operator of the aircraft nor HeliSpeed Academy Ltd can be held liable for loss, damage or injury which does not result from their negligence.
- Participants wishing to take cameras and other photographic equipment on the flight do so entirely at their own risk.
- The company reserves the right to alter any take-off location, date or time at its discretion due to operational circumstances.
- A fuel surcharge may be applicable at the point of booking if the price of aviation fuel is affected by any changes in EU Tax regulations or any other significant increase within the UK exceeding 10% during the voucher validity.
- The cost to repair damage caused to the aircraft or its equipment (including but not limited to; avionic headsets, life jackets, etc.) through neglect, misuse or abuse will be chargeable to the user.
- All quoted times are approximate and package content may vary on the day due to operational reasons.
- Anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.