Helicopter Operator Cadet Program
The Helicopter Operator Cadet Program is designed for talented and aspiring aviators to be Co-Pilots, Captains and future Aviation Managers. You don’t need to have had any previous experience to apply for our helicopter career program. HeliSpeed Academy mentors the course along with several world leading helicopter operators. The full-time course takes 20 months to complete and is characterised by excellent training, leading to a ‘frozen’ Airline Transport Pilot.
Successful applicants will be provided with a conditional offer of employment by one of our Helicopter Operators before training even begins. The HeliSpeed Integrated ATPL delivers training for a flagship Pilot Cadet program, leading to an exciting flying career as a First Officer in larger helicopters, with a global operator.
If you are interested in applying for this programme, please ensure that you meet the following requirements:
Age and height
- Aged 18-55.
- Minimum height 5 ft. 2 in. (157 cm), maximum height 6 ft. 3 in. (191 cm).
Education and English language
You must have attained the following academic achievements (or equivalent).
- CEE: A High School Degree (or equivalent /typically achieved at age 18) with strong Mathematics, Science and English language skills
- United Kingdom: 5 GCSEs (grade C or above/or equivalent) – including Mathematics, Science and English language
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- You will need to obtain an EASA Class 1 Aviation Medical Certificate before enrollment.
- Have a valid passport with a current unrestricted right to live and work in the European Union with an ability to freely travel worldwide.
Background and selection:
- You will need to have a Criminal Record Check (CRC) Basic Disclosure Certificate, (or local equivalent) and pass all required referencing checks.
- Pass selection process.
- Current PPL(A) holders are eligible to apply.